International Students 

To Do List

International Student To Do List

As an International student you will be required to show proof of your student status to various different people for different reasons.

All our International students are entitled to apply for any of the required letters but only learners who have attended a minimum of 2 weeks’ worth of lessons with a minimum of 80% attendance rate will be issued with their letter. To make your request for a letter you must complete the International Document Request form.

As an International student you are required to maintain true and accurate details of your current address and contact information at all times. You can do this easily by completing the Update your details form.


Attendance and Progress

During your time at London PT College your progress is monitored by your tutors directly and feedback will be given to you via individual tutorials designed to help you achieve your individual goals. As well as this your progress will be monitored by the International Office. Learners must be deemed to be continually making progress on their course of study to remain learners at London PT College. If you are not deemed to be making sufficient progress you will be removed from the College and reported to the Home Office immediately.

London PT College maintains an 80% minimum attendance policy. Learners who repeatedly break this level of attendance without valid reason will also be removed from the College and reported to the Home Office. If you are reported to the Home Office, your length of entitlement to study or remain and even work in the UK will be curtailed by the Home office.


Registering with a Doctor

Of course, there may be a time when you become genuinely ill and in this scenario we require all of our international learners to have registered with a GP as soon as you secure your accommodation. All you need to do is call NHS direct on 0845 4647 and ask for the address of your nearest GP Practice. You do not need a letter from College to register with a GP. You should then go along in your own time to the Practice and complete the necessary registration steps to become a temporary patient. Once you are their patient you will be able to use the Practice if you are ill. You should always ask for a doctor’s note for your illness as this is the only way we can change your attendance from an absence to an authorised absence.


Registering with the Police

On arrival some students may have to register with the Police within 7 days of arrival. Your visa in your passport will say whether you need to register with the police, if it does not mention anything then you do not need to register. If you are required to register, then follow the below steps:


College Rules

  • London PT College operates a strict no smoking rule in which smoking is not allowed in any part of any of the College campuses apart from the set designated area of which there is only one in each campus.

  • All hats must be removed upon entering the College campus and appropriate clothing should be worn whilst on site.

  • Only students who complete their course with an 80% or higher attendance rate will be considered for a reference letter at the end of their course.

  • All learners are required to wear their ID badges at all times whilst on campus and failure to do so may mean removal from the campus. If you lose your ID badge you will be required to pay a small fee for a replacement.


Working Rights

Learners on student visitor visas cannot work at all in the UK.



If your course is over 3 months in length you may need to open a Bank Account. There are many banks operating in England but the most useful for International students, Lloyds Bank, HSBC Bank & Natwest Bank. Many of these banks operate worldwide which may be a consideration for you and also many of these banks offer Islamic Accounts for which you just need to ask them.

To open an account, you will need:

  • Attend a minimum of 80% of your first two weeks of lessons

  • Passport, (with a stamp from the Police after registration if applicable)

  • Confirmation letter from college

  • Proof of address e.g. tenancy agreement letter from landlord/Agency addressed to the bank confirming your address

  • Possibly verification of address abroad